Job Opening: JFREJ is Hiring a Development Associate
Job Opening: Development Associate, Jews For Racial & Economic Justice
About Jews For Racial & Economic Justice: For close to thirty years, Jews For Racial & Economic Justice (JFREJ) has pursued racial and economic justice in New York City by advancing systemic changes that result in concrete improvements in people’s everyday lives. We are inspired by Jewish tradition to fight for a sustainable world with an equitable distribution of economic and cultural resources and political power. The movement to dismantle racism and economic exploitation will be led by those most directly targeted by oppression. We believe that Jews have a vital role to play in this movement. The future we hope for depends on Jews forging deep and lasting ties with our partners in struggle.
The Development Associate will work closely with the Director of Development to improve the organization’s development operations and assists in all areas of the fundraising program. This role will contribute to efficient and smooth behind-the-scenes management of our development work, as well as supporting effective fundraising communications with our donors, members, and institutional supporters.
Reports to: Director of Development
Salary and benefits: $50,000 – $52,000 DOE, with full benefits package
Start Date: August/September 2018
Work Location: New York City
Applications are due on Wednesday, May 30th.
The Development Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage donor and member data in Salesforce and other software;
- Manage projects to improve fundraising systems and data to better serve the organization and fundraising efforts;
- Research prospective donors and institutional supporters;
- Help plan logistics and outreach for donor and fundraising events;
- Writing content for and editing fundraising letters, emails, and grant proposals;
- Prepare and coordinate tax acknowledgement and thank you letters for all gifts;
- Manage recurring donor program;
- Track and manage progress on grant and other funder deadlines;
- Track and assess progress on fundraising goals;
- Assist with phone banking, peer to peer, and other membership recruitment efforts;
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Passionate about JFREJ’s mission for economic and racial justice;
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment;
- Strong technological acumen and adept at learning new systems;
- Experience in Salesforce or similar database;
- Outstanding writing, proofreading, and communication skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Ability to work well independently and to coordinate well with a diverse group of people;
- Strong sense of accountability to co-workers, colleagues, and comrades;
- Ability to work quickly, skillfully, and calmly;
- Flexibility, creativity, self-motivation, and resourcefulness; and
- Sense of humor.
The following are a plus, but not required:
- Experience in nonprofit development and/or administration;
- Experience in event planning, solicitation, cultivation, research, proposal writing and donor relations;
- Demonstrated success in fundraising;
- Experience in base-building; and
- Experience in the Jewish community.
To apply: Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills, experience, and interests meet the qualifications of the position to email@example.com, with the subject line: [Your Name] Development Associate Application.
JFREJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, transgender, transsexual, and intersex people, lesbian, gay, queer, and bisexual people, and people who live or have lived in poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.