We Are Here is a six-month project of learning and action for JFREJ members, in partnership with our allies. Our goal is to prepare and strengthen for 2020 by reflecting on and wrestling with the big questions we are facing in our movements:
- Two plus years into the Trump administration, what have we learned about ourselves–about effective resistance and transformative strategy?
- What have we learned about our opponents and what we’re up against?
- How can we build a stronger Jewish left in NYC?
There are many ways to get involved!
Here’s How You Can Participate in We Are Here
1. Join JFREJ
Membership dues are $5/month or $36/year. We ask that you give as generously as you can. Membership dues fund Jewish participation and solidarity in the fights against racism, antisemitism, Islamophobia, bigotry, and economic injustice.Join JFREJ
3. Join a We Are Here neighborhood group
This fall, we are starting neighborhood discussion groups to build local community and continue discussing questions about how the Jewish Left can organize in this political moment. This will be a chance to learn, build local community, and create unity and direction for JFREJ! The We Are Here Neighborhood Groups are open to JFREJ members, and will be occurring in various locations throughout the city on the dates above. If you are a JFREJ member and want to participate, sign up below. And join/renew today if your membership isn’t current!Register
4. Join a Monthly Online Membership Assembly
We also invite you to join us for monthly online assemblies to get updates about what’s happening in our organizing and to learn from some of our best thinkers within JFREJ, The Jewish Vote, and our broader movement. Dates for fall assemblies are:
- Monday, September 23rd 7-8:30 PM – RSVP
- Monday, October 28th 7-8:30 PM – RSVP
- Sunday, November 17th 7-8:30 PM – RSVP
- Thursday, December 12th 7-8:30 PM – RSVP